Tender roast beef and pepper jack pressed with grilled onions, peppers and Harissa with garlic-Dijon mayo on a soft French roll.
Soup of the Day
Vegetarian lentil soup with cilantro and green onion.
The weekly farmers market in front of Ratto’s every Friday just got a whole lot better! The new lineup includes some of California’s best organic farms, including Riverdog Farm, Borba Farms, Capay Mills and Far West Fungi & Massa Organics.
The idea behind the new collection of vendors was to create a more enticing market for local chefs, restaurants and foodies. Today’s market was full of citrus fruits, heirloom zucchini & broccoli, colorful radishes and beets, beautiful fresh herbs, stunning asparagus, baby lettuces, petite heads of cauliflower, squash blossoms, succulent carrots, and crisp green beans. We are thrilled to have the best of small-farmed California produce right outside our door every Friday! Compliment your market finds with our delicious cheeses, wines, olive oils, vinegars, charcuterie, bulk beans & spices.
Arugula, Beets & Oranges with Walnut Vinaigrette
- 1 handful fresh arugula leaves (cleaned and dried)
- 1 Medium Chiogga beet (roasted or steamed and chopped)
- 1 Navel or Cara Cara orange (peeled and sliced)
- 2oz good quality Parmesan (shaved into pieces)
- 1/4 cup Rattos Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Walnut Oil (available at Ratto's)
- 1 Large lemon (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon pickled apricots (available at Ratto's)
- 1 Small handful of nuts (toasted and chopped (optional))
- salt & pepper
|Using a food processor, make dressing by whirling together lemon juice, olive oil, walnut oil, and apricots, seasoning with salt & pepper.|
|Layer arugula, beets, citrus, Parmesan and nuts, if using|
|Dress and serve immediately|