For the week of Monday, August 31st through Saturday, September 4th, Ratto’s sandwich special features bacon, fresh Mozarella and marinated sun-dried tomatoes on Acme baguette with garlic mayo and arugula for $8.95. Each week, we select from the freshest ingredients, including Zoe’s Sustainable Deli Meats, Acme Bread, fine imported cheeses, boldly-flavored condiments, and locally-sourced vegetables to create a mouth-watering sandwich special. The sandwiches will be announced online, and posted on the chalkboard in the store.
No music on September 5th. Music will return on Saturday, September 12th. Hope to see you then!
Arugula, Beets & Oranges with Walnut Vinaigrette
- 1 handful fresh arugula leaves (cleaned and dried)
- 1 Medium Chiogga beet (roasted or steamed and chopped)
- 1 Navel or Cara Cara orange (peeled and sliced)
- 2oz good quality Parmesan (shaved into pieces)
- 1/4 cup Rattos Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Walnut Oil (available at Ratto's)
- 1 Large lemon (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon pickled apricots (available at Ratto's)
- 1 Small handful of nuts (toasted and chopped (optional))
- salt & pepper
|Using a food processor, make dressing by whirling together lemon juice, olive oil, walnut oil, and apricots, seasoning with salt & pepper.|
|Layer arugula, beets, citrus, Parmesan and nuts, if using|
|Dress and serve immediately|