All of us here at Ratto’s would like to wish all of our customers a happy Thanksgiving. We hope that like us, you will take the time to enjoy good food, family & friends over the holiday weekend.
Ratto’s will be closed through the holiday weekend, and will re-open on Monday, November 27th.
We appreciate your support, and hope that you will continue to enjoy our sandwiches & deli items.
Our shelves are brimming with a wonderful selection of holiday items and gourmet groceries, and next Saturday, December 2nd, we are celebrating 120 years of business in Oakland with an afternoon of live music, international food bites, food demos, raffles, anniversary cake, and many sale items!
Join us Saturday, December 2nd from 11am to 4pm to celebrate our 120th anniversary! Festivities include:
- Live opera and jazz performances
- Food demos
- International food bites
- Wine tasting
- Anniversary cake by Oak & Fig Baking</>
Musical performance schedule:
- 11:00 – Michael Hauser – Solo jazz piano and vocals
- 12:00 – Veronica Bell, soprano with accompanist – Opera
- 1:00 – Jennifer Lee, vocalist with David Udolf (piano) and John Witala (bass) – Jazz standards and originals
- 2:00 – Tin Cup Serenade with Rolf Wilkinson et. al. – Retro jazz and novel originals
- 3:00 – Marcos Silva Trio – Brazilian Jazz
Today we have cannellini bean soup with prosciutto, full of fresh vegetables and seasoned with Mediterranean herbs and spices.
For the week of Monday, November 20th through Wednesday, November 22nd, Ratto’s is featuring thinly sliced London broil roast with a tangy chimichurri sauce, pickled carrots and onions, queso fresco, and arugula on a lightly pressed Acme ciabatta roll for $10.
Each week, we select from the freshest ingredients, including Zoe’s Sustainable Deli Meats, Acme Bread, fine imported cheeses, boldly-flavored condiments, and locally-sourced vegetables to create a mouth-watering sandwich special. The sandwiches will be announced online, and posted on the chalkboard in the store.